yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
I got my acceptance from york kin (BSc) and york life sciences on Friday with a grade 11 average of 91% and so far in grade 12 is a 89%, just waiting on UTM now. But I was just wondering if I get acceptance from UTM should I go to UTM I'm kinda freaked out after hearing all the horror stories of undergraduate science programs at UofT campuses. My bio teacher really freaked me out she went to UTM and absolutely hated it because of the bell curve.
My end goal is dentistry and would science at UTM be really hard and are the bell curves really that bad. People make it seem as if york marks super easy and science is much easier at york than it is at UTM. I'm not able to go to any other university because of commuting purposes and won't be able to move out because of financial reasons, so realistically speaking I only have these two options. It would be great if someone could provide further insight into whether this is true or not. TYY!
And also if I go to york should I go to york kin (BSc) or york life sciences?
I am applying to universities in Ontario as a grade 12 high school student. I had applied last year but did not meet the prerequisites then.The OUAC application asks if I have applied before, so should I say or will it affect my application?
Hi there. I was in the same boat as you guys like 8 months ago lol. I applied to many nursing programs and got into every single one of them. I ended up at Mcmaster main! But I applied to Western main, Western Fanshawe, Ryerson main, Ottawa, York, and Brock. Ask away on any admissions for any of these schools.
I also applied to other programs other than nursing. (Waterloo life sci, Mcmaster Med Rad Sci, Mcmaster life sci, UTM life sci). I know this may seem like a lot of programs and a waste of money but I had no idea what I wanted to do. And I wasn't the smartest so I was scared I wasn't going to get in.
I'm currently in grade 11 and fast-tracking by taking Chem 12 (1st semester) and Sociology 12 (2nd semester). I did okay in Chem 11, getting 87%. However, Chem 12 proves to be more challenging and I don't know if I can acquire my desired grades. If not, should I retake Chem 12 next year? I want to get into McGill or UoT for biochem, human biology, or something such as those.
I just want to know what program is appropriate for becoming a police officer in Canada.
People have suggested that Police foundations is not really worth it and have recommended to take Criminal justice or criminology. Is Criminal justice and Criminology similar or are they both slightly different? Also what universities should i go to for either programs in Ontario?
Hi, I was wondering what university out of UTM, Waterloo or Guelph would be the best for a computer science degree. Also, which one is more likely to help me get a job after graduation... Thanks for your help.
I was wondering what average I would possibly need to get into Computer science at UTM and Ryerson. UTM is Low to Mid 80s and Ryerson is 82-88. I have English, Advanced functions, Calculus, Computer Science, International Business and Physics. My projected mark is an 85-87 average, is this good enough? If theres anything youd like to share about this please do, any past averages that you have got into either programs or anything related.
I was wondering if UTM is still accepting applicants for the Fall 2018 term. I am trying to withdraw from my current university and go to UTM for the BComm. program. Does anyone know if they are still accepting?
I am going to be graduated next year, and i wished I could get in to rotman commerce, queens commerce, or the managment program in toronto's other compus. But I am quite worried about my mark for now. I have done about 60 hours community work, and did have a intership in a "bitcoin" Company which is a block chain company for 2 months, has been school soccer captain for 3 years, also a member of school student council. And here is my estimate average based on grade 11 mark:
(btw, I am a IB student)
Buseinss and Mangement:97
MHF4U:First attempt 79, but I retake, so is about 89
Average around 89-92
Can i get in to some good business program in some quality univeristy?If not what kind of univeristy/program can I get into, Thanks!
Hi, I am a senior in high school really interested in the forensic anthropology program at UTM. I heard it is really hard to get in and I was wondering if anyone had any information about the program and what the admissions are like? thanks!