yconic - Nursing Hopefuls for 2018!!
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
CIBC Student Banking
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Nursing Hopefuls for 2018!!

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
There has been posts like these in the past years, so I decided to make one for 2018 applicants!

You can share...
1) What school(s) you`re applying to?
2) What other programs are you applying to as a backup?
3) What overall average are you aiming for at the end of the year?
4) For current/past nursing students, what is your advice for anyone applying for nursing programs this year?
5) Where have you been accepted? If you don't mind sharing, with what average?
6) Any questions you have about nursing! We're all here to help.

I am applying to Western, McMaster, Brock, Ottawa and some collabs!
Hoping for a 90 average this year.
Was this helpful? Yes 6
3656 replies

1) I'm applying to Ryerson, York, Western, Ottawa, UOIT, Trent, and Brock.
2) My back up program will be practical nursing. After, I will complete a bridging program to get the BScN.
3) I am aiming for at least a high 80s average. (Hopefully 90 though).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I would advise against practical nursing. Being an RPN vastly differs from an RN in terms of pay, scope of practice amongst other things. 

If you are getting a high 80s, consider going to an easier tier nursing schools (Lakehead, collabs, etc) because at the end of the day, your goal is to just pass the NCLEX-RN.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yes, that is smart. back up should be RPN. then go on from there. Don't listen to Benson.
but he's right that first choice should be RN, so apply to more schools....easier schools. 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Im interested in why you think I am wrong. With an 80, why settle for an RPN when you can just go be an RN at a mid tier nursing school?

Scope of practice and pay of an RN far exceeds that of an RPN. There is a reason why RPN is a 2 year program but RN is a 4 year program. 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You can't get into any nursing program with a 80 these days maybe if you're lucky. 
Nursing programs are about the same. Its not like comp sci or business where it can be distinctly separated into tiers. 
And back up means if she doesn't get into RN...if you interpret it that way. She's not saying that she's fine with settling with RPN, she's just saying that will be backup. Obviously everyone wants to get into a RN, but it's a matter of fact of whether you can get in or not since it's very competitive. 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

she can bridge from RPN to RN
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You can still get into a 'low tier' nursing school with a mid 80 average. You just need to do some digging. 

Take the example of Trent nursing. 
http://www.trentu.ca/oirsp/cudo_2015b3.php
The average was 85.8% with 36.4% of the class having an 80-84%. (2015 data)

Take the example of Nippising nursing. 
http://www.nipissingu.ca/departments/institutional-planning/CUDO-2015/Pages/B3.aspx
The average was 85.5% with 38.2% of the class having an 80-84%. (2015 data)

Take the example of Lakehead nusing. 
https://www.lakeheadu.ca/faculty-and-staff/ppm/accountability/cudo/cudo-2016/cudo-2016-section-b#sa3
The average was 83.7% with 19.4% of the class between 75-79% (2016 data)

"You can't get into any nursing program with a 80 these days maybe if you're lucky. " 
Was this helpful? Yes 4

alright, go aim for a 80 and see
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Benson Law, what do the numbers for the university averages mean exactly? Let's say for Lakehead, even though 84% was the cutoff, people got in with 79% average? Or am I misinterpreting what the cutoff means? Thank you!
Was this helpful? Yes 1

This post was deleted

Shannon Elizabeth, what was your grade 12 average if you don't mind me asking?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

That’s no problem anon! My grade 12 average was 87.3%
Was this helpful? Yes 1

For the record I got into the Seneca BScN program with an 80% so it's possible
Was this helpful? Yes 0

BENSON is totally right,my brother did RPN at centennial and he cannot do the bridging because he redid one course even though his GPA is at 3.4.Therefore am going for ryerson Collab,not RPN.Because it will be hard for me to do bridging somehow.UPDATE ME when you get acceptance at any site
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

I am applying to U of C, UBC, and U of A. My top choice is U of C. (Calgary)
 My Backup will probably be psychology... but nursing is what I really want to do. 
Definitely aiming for the 90s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I’m applying to U of C, U of A and Macewan ??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

1) Applying to Western, Ryerson McMaster and York.
2) Applying to Health Sciences as backup (Western/Laurier).
3) Aiming for a low-mid 90s average. 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

if you know you won't get into med school/ dental school, there is no point going into health sci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

There are other alternatives such as physiotherapy!! Based on what i've researched, not everything health related comes down to med school/dental school.
Was this helpful? Yes 4

1) Applying to Ryerson (top choice), McMaster, York, Humber 
2) Practical nursing then I'll take the bridging program for the BScN.
3) Aiming for a low-mid 90's!! 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I would advise against practical nursing. Being an RPN vastly differs from an RN in terms of pay, scope of practice amongst other things. 

If you are getting a high 80s, consider going to an easier tier nursing schools (Lakehead, collabs, etc) because at the end of the day, your goal is to just pass the NCLEX-RN.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

This post was deleted

apply to more nursing schools
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Did you get into McMaster (my top choice for next year)
how was the Casper test (I'm kinda panicking about possibly not getting in)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

1) Applying to a lot :) Queens, Western, UBCO, McGill, McMaster, U of C and U of A (My top choices are either Queens, Western of Mac but I'm so indecisive!)
2) My backups are either Health Science or General Science (depending on the school)
3) I'm aiming for mid 90s hopefully!

Good luck to everyone!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

I'm a first year nursing student @ Ryerson's nursing centennial site. Feel free to ask me questions.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Hey! So I've heard a lot of different things for the Ryerson nursing programs. 
So my questions are
- What made you choose the ryerson centennial site from all the other sites youve applied to?
- what was your grade 12 average? 
- what math did you take in grade 12 and what math would you recommend for nursing?
- how do you like the the centennial site so far?

Was this helpful? Yes 1

I would choose the centennial site over the Ryerson site any day. That's because the Ryerson site is pretty old while the centennial is newly built. Like the George brown site, the centennial site has a building dedicated to all the health science studies and some engineering. But I really wanted to go to the George brown site because it is also new and the surrounding environment is just beautiful, while centennial (which is at morningside) has nothing good outside of the building. My grade 12 average was 90. I took AF, Calc, Data, physics, bio, chem, English and guitar. For nursing, you really don’t need any math. As for me all the math difficulty was the same….but data for most people is easier than the other two. So far, it is blessed. I really love going to school and listening to my profs unlike in high school I skipped so many classes cuz teachers these days suck and are useless. But hell no, every single one of my profs are awesome. However…you do have to go home and fucking read and stay on top of it. Unlike other programs (not sure about some other nursing), Ryerson nursing has 7 courses in each semester for year one. So 7 courses to keep track of and tests all around the same time. And I repeat, a lot of fucking reading!!! I have this one textbook that has 1500 pages and another 1100. That’s only 2 of the 9 textbooks I have. Hope this somewhat helped.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

Also, the George brown/ centennial sites cost less to go to because they are under a "college" for the first two years, but everyone at 3 sites,graduate and receive the same certificate. It would say Ryerson on it lol
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Hey! Did you apply anywhere else? I don`t know if this is a weird/personal question but did you get rejected anywhere with a 90 average? That`s what I`m aimng for but I`m scared its not good enough.
Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yea I got waitlisted for george brown site nursing. I also applied to Mac nursing but I did horribly on the Casper test so I didn't get in. Other programs were life sci and  i got in for all of them
Was this helpful? Yes 2

Awe thats good to hear. I've heard a lot of people talk about crappy profs. And yup that's what I expected from nursing school because sooo many people told me how hard it is, etc. This is now the second ryerson-centennial review I've heard and the other person who told me to go to centennial really loved it. So now I'm hoping I can get my average high enough so I can get in. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the info
Was this helpful? Yes 0

im currently attending the gb/rye nursing program!! i applied to ryerson, but got wait listed with a 92% and never got off the wait list.
Was this helpful? Yes 2

Hi! So I just wondering you can do your first 4 years of nursing straight from Ryerson? When I applied to Ryerson from OUAC it said just general nursing at Ryerson. But when I checked on the Ryerson website, it shows I've applied to the "collaborative program". I'm not sure if that's apart of the 2 year college/university split, I've been looking online but couldn't find much to address  this. But anyways if you could clarify this for me I'd appreciate it. P.S I don't mind going to the college's I just want to know what this all means, thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Hi you guys. It hasn't been long since I was in your position in apply to nursing school. I'm currently a first year student at the Seneca/ York collaborative nursing program. If you have any questions about this program feel free to ask and I'll be happy to reply back :)
Was this helpful? Yes 2

how many courses do u have
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Currently I'm taking 6 courses. Anatomy and physiology I, Psychology I, Nursing skills lab and lecture, wellness across the lifespan, professionhood and knowledge in nursing, and a liberal elective (I ended up taking a history class)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lucky! I have 7 courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What was your overall gr 12 average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My grade 12 average was an 84%
Was this helpful? Yes 3

How are you liking Seneca so far? I`m thinking of applying there :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So far I'm really enjoying the program. But if your like me and you plan on commuting, you need to stay organized because the shuttle bus schedule SUCKS. Organization is the key to succeeding in any nursing program tbh because it gets stressful real quick LOL.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

How are your profs?
What other schools did you apply to and get into?
Hows the workload so far?
What do you like about the program/site?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

1) My profs are really nice. I was fortunate enough to have amazing profs this semester thank god. They all are very approachable and are always willing to help in anything. 
2) I applied to GBC, humber, centennial and Seneca for the BScN program. I ended up getting waitlisted in both GBC and centennial but admitted to Seneca and Humber nursing. 
3) The workload so far is a lot. There is a lot of materials that have been covered in just two weeks and I have major tests and assignments due by the end of this months. My anatomy test thats worth 15% of my grades is coming up very soon so I'm trying to prepare for that along with other tests and assignments. Like any other program, the prof doesn't go into much detail so u spend a lot of your time trying to read through chapters to understand it properly.
4) I love how this program gives students an option to do either maternity or geriatric nursing as their placement for semester two. Most nursing schools that allows first year students to do placements second semester usually place them in a geriatric setting. Personally for me I would like to become a neonatal nurse so the maternity placement would be great experience for me. I heard from upper year students that the hospital placements for semester two are at Mount Sini, humber river, Toronto general, a hospital in Mississauga and a hospital in Brampton (If I'm incorrect, I'll verify it once I have the right info). I also love Thursdays lol. Thursdays because I have my stimulation lab that day and its cool to actually practice valuable nursing skills rather then sit in a boring three hour lecture. 
Was this helpful? Yes 2

How long did it take to receive an acceptance by york nursing program around what month?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't remember when I've applied, but I ended up getting accepted late March
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hello,
I’m going into nursing at Seneca@York this coming up September. I’m getting a little nervous. I’m planning to stay at home since Seneca is 25 minutes away from home. I had a couple questions...

1) regarding laptops, which laptop do you recommend for the nursing program? I don’t know if there are softwares that I will need or anything that may help with note taking. 

2) how many days a week do you have classes? 

3) do you remember by any chance how much a parking ticket is? 

4) were you able to get scholarships? Or OSAP? 

Sorry for all these questions LOL... I haven’t been able to find anyone who’s in that program up to now! 
Hope to hear from you soon, thank you!! 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hi. Regarding laptops, there is no specific software you need unless its Microsoft words. You can literally use any laptop of your choice. I suggest reading up on deals. Usually in August Best Buy has great back to school deals on laptops. Regarding my class schedule, for the past two semesters I've only gotten one day off. Every semester you will end up with at least a day off but if you're lucky, you may get more days off. Regarding parking tickets, I have no knowledge of it because I either take the shuttle bus or the YRT transit to school. Regarding scholarships and OSAP, last semester I was able to get an entrance scholarship (750 per semester) and it really helped me with purchasing textbooks and equipments. There are more scholarships on student centre that you can apply to in October (I highly suggest you do). My friends applied to those scholarships and got it, but unfortunately I found out later and I didn't get the chance to apply. Entrance scholarships are automatic so you don't need to apply to it. You will receive it as check in the mail during the school year from Seneca. I am also an OSAP student, so most of whats paying for my tuition is from OSAP.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If your school didn`t already tell you, there is a huge university fair in Toronto next weekend (September 22-24). Check it out :)
http://www.ouf.ca/ 

Was this helpful? Yes 2

This post was deleted

Hi! I'm actually pretty hyped that the 2018 thread has been set up! I'm a first year nursing student at McMaster University in the mac site and I'm down to answer any questions regarding my program or other nursing programs :) Good luck to you all, I know exactly how you guys are all probably feeling haha
Was this helpful? Yes 2

Hi! I have a couple of questions:
If you don't mind sharing, what was your admissions average? Did you apply to other universities for nursing? If so, which schools, and why did you choose mac?

Thanks in advance!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hi! My admission average for Mac was a 90.8% (because they included my gr 12 adv functions mark). I applied to Ryerson (main & gbc), Western (main & fanshawe) and Brock! For Western and Brock, I got in with a 92.8% average during the May round and I got in with a 91.3% at Rye during the April round right before midterms. I chose Mac because it had the best environment and the prettiest simulation labs imo. Ryerson's has pretty old labs and buildings other than their student centre, but they are building a new nursing building which will be finished by 2019 iirc. Western is also really nice but I found their campus to be too big and I didn't really like the London area! Also mac is known for healthsci so all of our classes and buildings are super nice and the community is very tightknit as well! CASPer was also a important factor for me because I respected that Mac wanted to look beyond grades :) Visiting the campus made me fall in love and concreted my decision to attend mac! Also just a warning, mac takes CASPer scores fairly seriously, it makes or breaks your application. As long as you reach above that cutoff mark, it's really all on your CASPer score!
Was this helpful? Yes 6

ALSO, if you were to choose Rye, I would suggest to choose Rye-GBC instead because the GBC campus is really nice and they have better support apparently! Also you'll end up in Rye after 2 years with the brand new nursing building with the same degree so ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 2

Hey can you tell us a bit about the CASPer test?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^^ yeah, I would like to know more about the CASPer test too!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sorry for the late answer because I just finished my midterms but the CASPer test mostly consists of videos or text-based scenarios where you are given a scenario and you have 5 minutes (iirc) to answer three questions about how you would approach it etcetc. It mostly tests you on how you react and how quickly you can respond to situations in a level-headed/unbiased manner. It isn't "nursing" related as in it's not like patient scenarios but just any scenario that tests your morals and stuff like that, i.e. it could be like a failing student in high school who needs help or a kid who did something wrong but is too afraid to tell their parents or whatever. Most of the time there's also a small prompts about your own personal experience as well and how you handle personal situations, but every CASPer test has different questions so idk. I think it's about less than an hour and you get a break in the middle if you need it. There are sample CASPer questions on the website, so you can run through a practice test to see what it's like! You can't really prepare for this btw, just make sure your typing speed is good by testing your speed but it's really just trying to see how you are as a person and how you handle tough situations because that's really important in nursing! Usually happens around Jan-Feb, make sure to make an account and register for a time slot asap, it also has a 30-40 dollar fee if i remember correctly.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Hi, I applied to McMaster's main site program (my top pick!) as well as MoMac, which is overall my second choice. I have a few questions if you don't mind. :)
1. I know that you aren't a MoMac student, but do you know anything about it? It isn't really advertised online. Do you know how many courses take place at Mohawk versus McMaster? One of the reasons I applied to Mac is because of the incredible health science facilities and simulation labs, and I hope by being a MoMac student that I wouldn't miss out on using them. Also, is there a great deal of division amongst the main campus students and the MoMac students?
2. I'm aware that Mac uses Problem Based Learning, and I was wondering what your thoughts on it within the nursing program are? Do you have a lot of small group discussions, or primarily lectures? 
3. As for clinical, can you get placed in the big Toronto hospitals such as Sunnybrook and SickKids? I have a huge interest in the NICU, and I'm hoping to have opportunities to get some clinical experience there, is that a possibility?  
4. This is kind of insignificant, especially considering I have yet to be accepted anywhere, but should I purchase a stethoscope before school begins in September? I'm just really excited to get my hands on the raspberry coloured Littmann, and test it out on my friends! Yes, I am a nerd at its finest ;) 

Thank you so much!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

What was the cut-off for Mcmaster acceptances for nursing this year?
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I have friends that got in with an 88% and heard people that got rejected with a 90% so it's also all on the CASPer. For main site, the lowest ive heard was 88% but for mo-mac, the lowest was an 85%
Was this helpful? Yes 2

It depends on your CASPer results, as long as you have an 85+ you have a shot of getting in with a really good CASPer
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Goodluck to all the applicants! I'm a 2nd year nursing student at UOIT! I remember being stressed about getting in haha feel free to ask any questions
Was this helpful? Yes 1

What was your grade 12 average when you applied if you don't mind me asking? How do you like UOIT?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I had an 89 in grade 12 and I like it here at UOIT! It feels like family because nursing classes are generally small and the lectures for health science courses are bigger. It's stressful and nursing is a lot of work but the program is great and the profs as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hi, so I got a conditional offer from UOIT for RN. I am currently in my second semester of a  pre-health program. UOIT is waiting for my second-semester grades to give me admission.

On the conditional offer letter, it said minimum average 80 in the courses I am doing now. My average so far is 87 (finals and a couple assignments left to do). 

My concern is I heard that the cut off marks to get in is 88%. 

So my question is can I STRICTLY follow what the con/offer says of obtaining a min of 80 and trust I will get in for sure? 

OR

Does it mean I need to get at least 88% to reach the "cut off" average whether or not I am above the 80% min?

Like should I worry if I don't have an 88% average? Or just make sure I get at least 80 and I will get in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I will leave this for nursing applicants applying as 105 since there is very little data for us. 
As a side note, I am currently attending a nursing program.

Also it is highly unlikely that I will return to reply but there is a possibility

background. many many undergrad years without degree. 
I will put vague but narrow gpa range so those who know me can't dial me in. 
First institution 2.9-3.0 
second institution (after few years of work) 3.42-3.45. second semester of yr 2 i dropped multiple courses after acceptances started to come in if i didnt need it as pre req, wasn't interested or wasn't doing well. 
first instituion gpa out of 4.0 second 4.5 so basically 3.0 for both institutions. 

High school: high 80s . Not all programs requested high school transcripts or took it into consideration. 

OUAC application early oct 2016
ont colleges early oct 2016. also for ont colleges I kept switching programs around. expecially york/seneca to york/georigan is notable.
transcripts and other documents were not sent well into nov and in some cases early feb. Final transcripts much later for those that requested into may 

University programs
McMaster: accepted early june
Queen's: rejected mid may  
U ottawa: rejected late may
Western: rejected (?) got into collab though
UBC (accelerated): rejected mid may

Collab
MoMac probably rejected. During application cycle they changed log ins so became accessible and was not interested in it anymore so did not bother to pursue. 
CoMac accepted early may
Western/Fanshaw accepted early-mid june over the phone after being placed on wait list after receiving final transcript week prior.  
St.Lawrence Kingston accepted early march. was accepted to cornwall year before applying in june but decided not to pursue. 
York/Georian: accepted early april. origianlly applied for york/seneca but they wanted too many documents but got accepted about week after switching to georgian.
Humber: wait listed. Presume they wait list everyone above cut off.  

good luck 

Was this helpful? Yes 4

Hi this is super helpful... 
I'm at a 3.84 GPA coming from a BA Degree. I applied to compressed at Western and Mac, main western & Fanshawe... I'm so nervous. My high school marks sucked (82 avg and 65 - 80 in sciences and math). Do you think I have a shot? How is York? 
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I go to McMaster for nursing and literally applied to almost all of the Ontario nursing schools. So if you have any questions about Mac nursing, my application process, what I did in grade 12, etc., I'm open to give y'all some info :)
Was this helpful? Yes 1

1. What was your grade 12 average?
2. Did you get accepted to all the universities you applied to?
3. Could you explain to me what CASPer is? What universities use it?
Thanks in advance! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 1

What made you choose Mac out of all the schools?
Was this helpful? Yes 1

This post was deleted

What was your average when you applied? What universities did you get into/apply to?
Was this helpful? Yes 1

1. My average fluctuated but I got into most of my university choices with a 92.
2. Yes I did!
3. CASPer is basically a personality test and it mostly tests your critical thinking skills. It basically gives you ethical scenarios and you have to think on your feet about what you would do, etc, in the situation given. Im not entirely sure which other universities use it but I do know that it's mandatory for any of the McMaster sites and York second entry nursing. 

I chose McMaster because I wanted to minor in something – possibly Chemistry – and Mac has really good science courses. The nursing program is also really unique because it incorporates PBL (person based learning with a problem based approach) and it really does personally teach you how to work in healthcare team/setting. The labs here are amazing as well. Honestly, the biggest reason why I picked Mac was the atmosphere here tbh. Everyone is so welcoming, especially the nursing faculty. 

92! I applied to Humber, York, Queens, uOttawa and all the Rye sites for nursing. I also applied for Med Science at Western. I got accepted to all!
Was this helpful? Yes 2

Do you know if anyone got into Mac main site with a 90? Thank you for your help! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey guys! 
I'm a first year nursing student at McMaster. I remember being on this page last year LOL, so if you guys have any questions about the program, application, averages, or anything about nursing. Feel free to ask me! I'd love to answer your questions 
Was this helpful? Yes 3

Hi! I have a few questions:
What was your grade 12 average? 
Did you apply to other schools for nursing? If so, why did you choose McMaster?
Any tips + advice for applying/choosing schools and the casper test?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^^^ anything you could tell us about the CASPer test would be fantastic!
Was this helpful? Yes 1

My average was 91.3% 
I took English, Advanced Functions, Chemistry, Biology, Healthcare, Families in Canada, Families in Canada. 
I initially took physics, calculus and data management  as well, because I love math but I later on figured out I should ONLY take what I really NEED for nursing. So honestly that saved me from extra stress! 
I applied to Ryerson (main site + Gbc site), Mcmaster (main site + momac), and Brock 
I actually was debating between Ryerson and McMaster at the end because they're both really good programs. However, I found Mac to be a little more unique because of PBL, which is problem-based learning/ person-based learning. I actually enjoy that class, but then again some nursing students have different views about it! So it entirely depends on you. 
As well, I find the environment here SUPER supportive, it's amazing (Mac Nursing Faculty is amazingg!!!!!). Everyone here will try to help you and actually want you to do well. 
At the end it's only been 6 weeks, but I love it here so far. 
TIPS? 
I honestly did not research enough. There are so many other nursing schools out there, so research different nursing schools and how they're distinct from each other. 
At the end, you basically learn the same nursing content, however the sciences and type of learning may differ a bit in particular schools. 
Anatomy at Mac is a challenge since we have it with second year engineering, health sci students. It's very fast paced. It's kind of like learning 2 units from grade 12 biology per week ( Somewhere along those lines). For CASPER test 
It is a personality test, to see if you show empathy, care, compassion, critical thinking etc. 
What I recommend is: 
- practice typing 
- try the practice CASPER test 
- go on YouTube and look up different CASPER scenarios/questions - if you have friends that are also doing the Casper test, try doing the questions with them because you'll see how you guys take different approaches on particular problems and figure which one is the best 
- reflect on how you normally solve problems (that can be conflicts that can arise in a group, or your friends) 
- self-reflection! (Why nursing? what do you love about nursing) 
I personally loved the CASPER test! its not that bad. I was really stressed out and it's soooo hard waiting for the response because Mac sends rejection/acceptances around early-mid May. So try to relax and try your best! 
I hope this helped! :) 

Was this helpful? Yes 2

Thank you so much for this!! Mac is my top choice, so I'm really hoping I can get in with a 91-92% average. Do you have any insight on MoMac, as that is my second choice? How many of the classes are at Mac versus Mohawk College, and is it still a good program? If I get in I plan on going to the open house in May to see the nursing facilities and presentations, and I want to buy a Mac Nursing sweater! I'm such a nerd and I honestly can't wait to get a stethoscope.. should I buy one from the health sci store when I go to the open house?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hi, I am currently on summer vacation but and FREAKING  OUT about applying to schools next year. Mac is my top choice too! I was just wondering how your grades were averaged. Like were you semestered, did only your first-semester grades count, did any grade 11 marks count?  and Any tips for going into grade 12?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I wish my marks were higher so i would get into GBC. Best campus environment of all of ontario for me at least. the nursing building is so lit.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

How about upgrading your marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

can't lol. im already in nursing
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Ahh okay lol I just saw your previous replies above haha I used to be stressed out with one of my marks too and I upgraded it to enter nursing school. I'm in my 2nd year now
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey! first year student at ryerson main site! would love to answer some questions!!
Was this helpful? Yes 1

What was your average?? Also, how are you finding the workload and balancing that on top of your social life?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got in January for gr.11 marks so it was 93.3 gr.11 average (with gr.12 chem already done which was 89%)! workload I find pretty chill so far cause nursing is allll and I mean alll reading (barely any written assignments except for classes like psychology and liberals which is still very few) and I don't mind reading because the content is interesting! if you can time manage well (finish your readings before class...) it is easy to have a social life! I still have time for gym 3 times a week, work 2 times, and see friends pretty often! hope this helped!
Was this helpful? Yes 2

1) I'm applying to Georgian/York (Barrie for September 2018/January 2019, Owen Sound for Sept. 2018), Conestoga-McMaster & Northren College as I have a place to stay for free at all 3 sites. 
2)No backup! Just BScN
3)Looking to keep my current 3.7 GPA. I'm in advanced pre health right now, it's going pretty well as long as you keep up averages.

I already applied to college last week.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

has anyone gotten into mac nursing with an upgraded mark? really want to get into this program
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey! They don't have a minimum requirement for specific courses, just an overall average. So if you didn't do so well in one course, you can make up for it with a higher average (of course, you still need to get at least 50 and receive the course credit). Best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 1

Thank you Shaylyn! I did get my course credit but my mark for the course was a 78 so I wanted to upgrade that mark to get a higher grade and so I am currently debating if I should go for night school or not...what do you recommend? also, congrats on getting into mac nursing btw!!  Also, the course im referring to is adv function s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

When I was applying, I had the same problem with different courses and asked the admission officers about this. They don't care if you upgrade up to 2 courses that are considered as your top 6 and will use the higher mark. However, if for some reason you have upgraded your marks in more than 2 courses, they will request for a letter explaining the reason behind it and so long as it's a reasonable it probably would not have any effect on your application. Also, upgrading your mark in one course should not have any effect on the your application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hi!
1) I am applying to McMaster, Ryerson (main site), Brock, as well as Western
2) For backup, me personally, I intend to apply for biomedical engineering at Guelph as that has suited my interests as well.
3) My grade 11 average was a 96% and in grade 12, I am aiming for something in the similar vicinity or lower. 

Best of luck to everyone!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted